The secret to delicious oatmeal is actually in the toppings we add to it. In this tasty recipe, we add caramelized bananas, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and chocolate chips.
For a fast, easy and flavorful breakfast that leaves you feeling full for longer, oatmeal should be your morning go-to.
This simple recipe contains 644 Calories per serving and makes 2 servings.
- 1 cup rolled Quaker oats
- 3 bananas, sliced in rounds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- dash of vanilla
- sea salt, chocolate chips
1. Cook the oatmeal according to package directions – for extra creamy oatmeal, use milk instead of water!
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Let it bubble until lightly foamy.
3. Add bananas and simmer until each side is soft and plump.
4. Remove from heat, stir half of the bananas into the oatmeal, reserve the other half for topping.
5. Sprinkle with salt and chocolate chips. Serve and enjoy!